Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sermon : Creed : Hymn E391 : Thy life was given for me



1.    SERMON


2.    NICENE CREED AND PRAYER (MINISTER)

3.    HYMN EMHB 391

1.    Thy life was given for me,
Thy blood, O Lord, was shed,
That I might ransomed be,
And quickened from the dead:
Thy life was given for me;
What have I given for Thee?

2.    Thy Father’s home of light,
Thy rainbow-circled throne,
Were left for earthly night,
For wanderings sad and lone:
Yea, all was left for me,
Have I left aught for Thee?

3.    Thou, Lord, hast borne for me
More than my tongue can tell
Of bitterest agony,
To rescue me from hell;
Thou suffer’dst all for me;
What have I borne for Thee?

4.    And Thou hast brought to me
Down from Thy home above
Salvation full and free,
Thy pardon and Thy love:
Great gifts Thou broughtest me;
What have I brought to Thee?

5.    O let my life be given,
My years for Thee be spent,
World-fetters all be riven,
And joy with suffering blent:
Thou gav’st Thyself for me,
I give myself to Thee.
Amen.

Adesegun Akitoye
http://spiritualhymnsong.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMITTAL / FOR AS SUCH AS YOUR SERVANT, MRS. VICTORIA OLAMIDE WILLIAMS DEPARTED

COMMITTAL   We know that if the earthly house of our tabernacle be dissolved, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, ...