Monday, February 2, 2009

GOD OF MY LIFE TO THEE

GOD OF MY LIFE TO THEE

Author: Unknown

Tune: Millennium

Introduction:

This popular Hymn is usually sung during Birthday Celebrations.

The writer of this Hymn of Praise acknowledges God as his creator and sustainer. He also wishes to acknowledge the day of his birth as a blessed day. He therefore wishes to dedicate his entire being to God alone.

He promises to use his time and work in propagation of God’s mercy, grace and praise as the angels do in heaven, so that he becomes born again in Christ until the time of his departure here on earth when he hopes God will receive him, his anointed with open hands and welcome him like Moses to his eternal kingdom.

Kindly join me in making this commitment of a life time to God.

God of my life

1. God of my life to thee
My cheerful soul I raise
Thy goodness bade me be
And still prolong my days
I see my natal hour return,
And bless the day that I was born.

2. Long as I live beneath
To thee O let me live
To thee my every breath
In thanks and praises give
Whate’er I have, whate’er I am
Shall magnify my maker’s name.

3. My soul and all its powers
Thine wholly thine, shall be
All, all my happy hours
I consecrate to thee
Me to thine image now restore
And I shall praise thee evermore.

4. I wait thy will to do
As angels do in heaven
In Christ a creature new
Most graciously forgiven
I wait thy perfect will to prove
All sanctified by spotless love.

5. Then, when the work is done
The work of faith with power
Receive thy favoured son
In death’s triumphant hour
Like Moses to thyself convey
And kiss my raptured soul away.
Adesegun Akitoye


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMITTAL / FOR AS SUCH AS YOUR SERVANT, MRS. VICTORIA OLAMIDE WILLIAMS DEPARTED

COMMITTAL   We know that if the earthly house of our tabernacle be dissolved, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, ...