Wednesday, May 27, 2020

LIFE FROM THE DEAD IS IN THAT WORD / AJINDE MBE N'NU ORO NA

HYMN EMHB 658    YMHB 660

 

1.    For ever with the Lord!

Amen; so let it be:

Life from the dead is in that word,

‘Tis immortality.

Here in the body pent,

Absent from Him I roam,

Yet nightly pitch my moving tent

A day’s march nearer home.

 

2.    My Father’s house on high,

Home of my soul, how near

At times, to faith’s foreseeing eye,

Thy golden gates appear!

Ah! Then my spirit faints

To reach the land I love,

The bright inheritance of saints,

Jerusalem above.

 

3.    For ever with the Lord!

Father, if ‘tis Thy will,

The promise of that faithful word

Even here to me fulfil.

Be Thou at my right hand,

Then can I never fall;

Uphold Thou me, and I shall stand;

Fight, and I must prevail.

 

4.    So when my latest breath

Shall rend the veil in twain,

By death I shall escape from death

And life eternal gain.

Knowing as I am known,

How shall I love that word,

And oft repeat before the throne:

For ever with the Lord!

 

YMHB 660

 

1.    Lai lodo Oluwa!

Amin; beni k’o ri;

Ajinde mbe n’nu oro na,

Iye ailopin ni.

Nihin ninu ara,

Mo nsako lodo Re,

Alale ni mo nsunmole

Ni irin ojo kan.

 

2.    Ile Baba loke,

Ibugbe emi mi,

Emi nfi oju igbagbo

Wo bode wura re!

Okan mi nfa pupo

S’ ile na ti mo fe,

Ibujoko awon mimo,

Jerusalem t’ orun.

 

3.    Lai lodo Oluwa!

Baba, b’ O ba fe be,

Mu ‘leri oro oto na

Se fun mi nihinyi.

Duro li otun mi,

Nki o si subu lai;

Gbe mi ro, emi y’o duro;

Ngo ja, ngo si segun.

 

4.    ‘Gba m’ ba mo ara mi,

Ngo ti fe oro na,

Ngo ma wi niwaju ‘te pe,

Lai lodo Oluwa!

Oro ajinde ni,

Iho-isegun ni,

Tun wi, Lai lodo Oluwa!

Amin; beni k’o ri.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMITTAL / FOR AS SUCH AS YOUR SERVANT, MRS. VICTORIA OLAMIDE WILLIAMS DEPARTED

COMMITTAL   We know that if the earthly house of our tabernacle be dissolved, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, ...